Chapter 3 Measuring Open Data Utilization
Alert: this chapter is a work in a progress but shall be released later in 2021.
If you have any comments, please do reach out!
3.1 Measuring Actual Use
- Who are the real users of this data?
- How can we tell who they are?
- Are there personas we haven’t imagined?
- How can we measure actual engagement of these users?
- Are they using it the way we thought they were? Ex. Hack to “fix” data in between steps.
3.2 Challenges of Open Data
3.2.1 Searching for data
- Paging through results
- Onus of filtering
3.2.2 Peeking at data
- Previewing vs Consuming